Project Zero G Forums Forum Index
<  Swap Mechanical  ~  Ford ranger 4G63 swap
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:47 pm  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

Hello its late here but wanted to post quick to get some reactions and answers.

First its a 2006 ranger that has 2.3l Duratec that's tired and almost done. My friend has very clean well built (850awhp) 98ethanol 2g eclipse GSX that's been 5 years in the making so ive learned a lot about these engines and the way they run so what better engine to swap. Like usual ive come some stops in my research. Thought about V8 swaps but this is much more unique and sticks to the 4 cylinder scene and I much prefer the sound.

1. Which engines are Narrow blocks and do not get crank walk? my thought before was just the 1G 6 bolts but now realize there are so many combinations im not all that sure. Narrow block because bill makes the t56 adapter for it which is the trans I want to use.

2. what I actually want is to use the evo 8 4G63 a quicktime bell housing and TKO600 trans but so far haven't even seen any adapters to sort this out. Also a ittle confused if the evo motors both 8 and 9 are wide blocks or narrow blocks or if they have there own pattern?

3. Does anyone make an adapter plate that bolts to the motor so you can bolt on any QuickTime bell housing and use what ever trans you want so far all ive seen is the plate for the TH350/400 but don't want Auto. And bill makes the actual bell housing itself. limiting you to what ever trans he made the housing for.

3. once I get the motor choice and trans with adapter figured out along with the clutch from there I think my abilities can figure out the rest but of course im open to all suggestions on common problems to look out for. Small things that need to be fabricated are one thing I can most likely handle but the transmission issue is something that's either going to make or break this swap so just trying to figure it out before I buy a block and trans and get started with the swap.

Thanks for any help I can get! Also my power goals right now is around 400-450 to the wheels most likely going to try to do a 2.3 for the extra torque along with a LSD ford 8.8 rear end to finish it off. After that I want to fabricate a 4 link setup for it for better traction down the road.