Project Zero G Forums Forum Index
<  Swap Electrical  ~  megasquirt wiring
cordell
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:00 am  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

ok so i have a megasquirt i have just bought and want to wire it up! so far i have labelled the appropriate plugs i will need from the harness! except the ignitors?(labeled ignitors A and B) on the megasquirts wires. i do not no which wires these are? and were do i find them?

So from what ive gathered i run the signal wires from each of the sensors and run them back to there pin out at the ecu. and seperatly have to make power and ground wires that will run individually from the sensors and all join back to one wire(power, ground seperate obviosly) at the ecu? is that correct?

Im running two external fuel pumps (tank to surge),(surge to injectors), whats the best way to wire these up? though the ecu with a relay? or straight let them turn on when the keys on?
kurb_appeal
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 12:21 am  Reply with quote
Addict

First off what harnesses are you using? I.E. 1g dsm 2g dsm 90 dsm. Second what vehicle are you trying to wire it into. And which version of megasquirt are you using. If you look on DIYAUTOTUNE.com they have all the wiring diagrams there or you can find them on the forums usually if you look around.

I have been using this one http://www.diyautotune.com/diypnp/apps/n52/usdm-mitsu-galant-9192-4g63-mt.html for my jumpers and wiring om my 91 dsm engine and harness to an 87 starion with a DIYPNP and a nippon denso 52 pin connector harness

Hope some of this helps
Mad Menace
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:38 am  Reply with quote
Addict

kurb_appeal wrote:
First off what harnesses are you using? I.E. 1g dsm 2g dsm 90 dsm. Second what vehicle are you trying to wire it into. And which version of megasquirt are you using. If you look on DIYAUTOTUNE.com they have all the wiring diagrams there or you can find them on the forums usually if you look around.

I have been using this one http://www.diyautotune.com/diypnp/apps/n52/usdm-mitsu-galant-9192-4g63-mt.html for my jumpers and wiring om my 91 dsm engine and harness to an 87 starion with a DIYPNP and a nippon denso 52 pin connector harness

Hope some of this helps

to help we are going to absolutely have to know what version of MS your using and which model year stuff you have under the hood cause theres way too many variables here...

for example I have an MS3 with MS3-Xpansion card (first edition :0), using Map Daddy 4 bar, launch control, boost control, burn out limiter, water/meth injection, AEM c2di capacitive discharge ignition (and the list goes on and on...) in my 93 Mighty Max with the wideblock 2.4L 16v DOHC, Turbo'd, stock tranny with stage 3+ clutch, z rated street tires and about 2 months worth of airbrush work... and the MS is completely stand alone meaning I can still use the stock harness later if i replace the stock motor or equivalent.

Videos as soon as it's 100% up and running.
DJpowerHaus
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:44 am  Reply with quote
Sir Post A Lot

I'm so happy to see this thread.

I've recently bought my 4th StarQuest and will be doing my 4th swap. This time its a 4G64 (same motor as the racecar) into a silver 87.

I'll be selling my Autronic computers and use either a DSM link or a Megasquirt since I feel this will better help the community here. My preference is the Megasquirt because its the more DIY option. I really hope I can use someone elses map to get started. I can even start a directory on the website so we can all list our setups and post maps for others to use.

My temp tags run out on August 15th so I'm going to start the swap by then (Credit Card armed and read!) I should be able to wire up the ECU in the first weekend. I'll do my best to document everything. If we all do a well thought out and nearly identical setup, we can all work together to solve any problems that come up as well as spread out tuning costs.

Who's in?

Getting the engine bolted in is about 10% of the way there.
The next 80% can go quickly with help and skill.
That last 10% takes about as long as the 90% that came before it.
JDOliver
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:55 am  Reply with quote
Addict

I would get some ideas on which M.S. is the best to get for your project from some of the more recent installs. Things have changed a lot over the years and getting one with too many expansions just makes things more complicated.

The one thing I would suggest to an MS'r is the relay board.
DJpowerHaus
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:40 am  Reply with quote
Sir Post A Lot

Is it necessary when using a PNP w/ factory harness which already has its own relay(s)?

kurb_appeal
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:06 pm  Reply with quote
Addict

The DIYPNP I am using has it all already if you feel the need to install during your particular build. I did cause I didnt want to have to come back later and do more. It also has built in boost nitrous launch pretty much everything but sequential but its easy to add if you want. Check them out at DIYAutotune.com for all they offer.

Thats what I would recommend. plus it is pnp. which looks really clean without an extra harness running through everywhere. Let me know if you need a base tune. DIY Autotune does have one for our cars, and come the first I will be using the TunerStudio Live feature so.....
DJpowerHaus
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:44 pm  Reply with quote
Sir Post A Lot

Educate me, man. Post maps and how tos and photos... the whole thing. I've got a lot to learn and I want to learn it... THIS WEEK.

DJpowerHaus
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:04 am  Reply with quote
Sir Post A Lot

I'm halfway through assembling my DIYPNP N52 ($425). I'm setting it up with the seq. injection upgrade ($38 ) and the 4x BIP373 ($39). This lets me use 4x Denso COP sticks so I can eliminate the DSM ignition module, coils and wires. I also got the IAT from them ($29) and will be using the 2.5bar internal map sensor so I can eliminate the MAF. Since I'm using the seq. injection upgrade I can't use the Idle Air Stepper control so that's gone too. I haven't had a [working] stepper motor on any of my swaps and haven't had any problems with just propping it open a little bit.

For the triggers, I've decided to use 2x '94 intake cam gears on my motor and make my own trigger wheel on the exhaust side to simulate the crank signal. I'll make one bracket that can hold two 94 dsm hall effect cam sensors (one for each cam gear) on the front of the head. Any input on this would be great!

Also I am carrying over my HX35 turbo and 950cc FIC injectors. Anything else I should list in regards to my Megaquirt setup?

I'm planning on having Matt Cramer of DIYautotune and projectzerog member to verify everything before I seal it all up and then I'll post all the details up here.

Last edited by DJpowerHaus on Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

DJpowerHaus
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:18 pm  Reply with quote
Sir Post A Lot

How did it get to be 2014? I was rolling pretty good at first. Bought a house July 2012 and work came to a dead stop. Finally, just this past week, I got around to finishing the DIYPNP and installed it in the car. Powers up fine, the sensors I have tested so far are working. Next step is to figure out the dwell on the coils, make sure all the injectors / coils are on the correct cylinders and calibrate all the sensors.

I'm doing sequential 4 channel injectors + 4 ignition outputs with the BIP373 drivers so I can drive Denso coil on plug. Should be able to get it running by August then its off for paint and tuning. Pretty excited.