Project Zero G Forums Forum Index
<  General  ~  Late 70's early 80's challengers found what to take?
77amc
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:31 pm  Reply with quote
Too Much Time on His Hands

I found two late 70's or early 80 challengers. Prett much mostly there one even has two of the 4 lug al rims.
I got a 80 shop manual out of one and the trans is already in the trunk today. It was kinda ratty so she just gave it to me.

is there anything that i should think on getting off of her? Would anyone know if the rear chunk could swap into the max rear? (i'd like a taller.. longer legged gear)

Anyone need any parts? Will have a nominal fee of course..

Errol NEAR MEMPHIS
smog
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:23 pm  Reply with quote
Sir Post A Lot

The rear end would be a good upgrade for making big power out of a early colt as they are quite beefy compared to say the early lancers. Should be the same rear end as a arrow.

You can use a au spec small body 170mm lsd in them. Prety hard to get though.

Does it have a decent looking carb on it? If so, I could really use it for my lancer. Lemme know how much.

The car most likely has a 3.9 rear end. If its leaf it might bolt in, but it is a smaller diff. The trucks use a 180mm diff like the starion I believe.

The transmission is probably a narrow block 5 speed. If it's good you may be able to sell it on jnc or something.

78 lancer coupe g54bT
88 minicab van estate supercharged
80s hero
77amc
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:02 am  Reply with quote

One of the carbs had the accelerator pump messed with but the other had it all there i think.
i have that 89 colt turbo engien/trans sitting and wanted to get bills housing but if this one will be a bolt on, well I just may have to go back and get some stuff.
The one that had a 2.6 had a different valve cover with just ribbs and no raised portion in the back for the PCV.
(I'll go back and see if it is by chance a Canadian head)..

PM me and give me your # so I can call you when I'm there.

Errol
smog
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:04 pm  Reply with quote
Sir Post A Lot

sounds like a regular early g5x head. The narrow block version. They were not drilled out for a fwd configuration, so there is no raised area in teh rear for a rear cam plug.

As long as the cabr looks decent and isnt missing any parts, I'd be interested. I'm making a last ditch effort today to find a good working one.

That engine should be a narrow block depending on the year. Might wanna takle a tape measure with you though, as it's a bit weird how they transitioned. Some stuff went wide in 83, but my friends 81 truck was a wide when they were still making narrows in the colts.

did it have a spare carb sitting with it or something?

my number is 503 410 0021

78 lancer coupe g54bT
80s hero
77amc
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:20 am  Reply with quote

POOP, it's a wide one OH well, at least I can take it back.

E
smog
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:28 am  Reply with quote
Sir Post A Lot

good to know. You should take a tape measure next time Wink I always forget the measurements though. I almost pulled a auto 87 g63b thinking it was a wide until i went and measured it. Glad I had stopped bfore I pulled the engine. I had ripped the head off and everything.

78 lancer coupe g54bT
80s hero
77amc
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:23 am  Reply with quote

That's the goofy thing.. I DID. It was just the one that i knew had a 2.6 in was about 8 cars away and must have measured the wrong bolt holes running back and forth..

I get all excited and giddy when i go a yardin. SO MANY PROJECTS.. SO LITTLE TIME.

That's why I don't see how Bill gets so much done. I think he's got a few clones.
I'm waiting for him to make a bellhousing to run a Honda B or K engine RWD.. Heck, maybe a whole trans.. Woohoo. a 6 spd no less.

Sorry for jackin my own thread.

E
Professor Quest
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:55 pm  Reply with quote
Addict

I don't know much about the 70s challanger....but I came across a low-budget model, 2.6, no power ANYTHING including the steering.

I stopped by my local Dodge dealership (my pals) and I copied a few pages from the parts paper catalogs.

Manual steering BOXES would work in a starquest (as it appears) and used the same COUPLER poart number as the starquest did.

That stripped Challanger was crushed before I returned....cause I wanted to convert to MANUAL WINDOWS TOO! Ahhhhhh, POOP! Crying or Very sad

Educate me! Do you KNOW those window regulators are pretty much a BOLT-IN conversion?

I want to convert....but I want it PRETTY, not HACKED.

Maybe the door PANELS can be used too or at least a TEMPLATE to build my own door panels.

Coming across another low-budget (base modle?) Challanger might just be nearly impossible. Rolling Eyes

77amc
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:36 am  Reply with quote

WOW, I'm not sure about the cranks.. BUT i woulnd't think that they would be power. Heck, back in the day only the higher end cars were/had power stuff. well maybe the steering. If the warden will let me out today i may go and check.

Ask your buddys if the ratio would be better (tighter) AND if the rear chunk is better for highway driving (lower #) and will swap into the mightymax rear end.
The Challenger axle is a 4 lug so it may not have the same spline count at the carrier. B U T ya never know..

Errol
Professor Quest
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:48 pm  Reply with quote
Addict

Oh perfect....I type instructions/ask questions for 30 minutes, get booted off-line, there goes that typing.
FUCK THAT! Evil or Very Mad
Being FORCED to re-login removes what I just typed. OUTRAGE!

The EARLY starquest were ALL 4 bolters......HUBS, that I think ARE interchangeable. 4- 85 starion struts & hubs are in inventory (4 lug and matching spoke-type alloy wheels x 4)

A Challanger.....in 83 became a INDEPENDANT rear suspension, turbochargerd, 2.6L....with a NAME CHANGE to "starion" cause NOW....Mistu could open their OWN dealerships.

I gather. Rolling Eyes

"technica" (to me) simply means it has a digital dash? BFD. Hate em'.

$100 for digital camera, a freebie photobucket account = SOS.

smog
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:56 pm  Reply with quote
Sir Post A Lot

As far as I could tell the doors are different. I was looking over a 83 I beleive it was sapporo. Everything in the interior was very close, like the center console, and tails. There was some discussion about non powersteering sapporos on another forum, and no one had ever seen a sapporo/challenger without ps. Must have been one hell of a rare car.

78 lancer coupe g54bT
80s hero
Professor Quest
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:06 pm  Reply with quote
Addict

A PLYMOUTH Sopporo.....is a DODGE Challanger. MID-SIZE RWD SPORT CARS! I think they came with the 2.0 and the 2.6.

A TAPE MEASURE....THE LENGTH & WIDTH of the SHEET METAL DOORS speaks VOLUMES of info to me. Could even use the SAME GLASS! Shocked

Rare....it maybe. But they DID exsist.

You want mechanical rocker arms? 2.6l sopporo's/challanger's. Valve cover was already off so I removed em' Laughing

Some guys are chasing Caravan parts..... Laughing walking right past a Challanger or sopporo.

Last edited by Professor Quest on Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Professor Quest
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:31 pm  Reply with quote
Addict

And, the CENTER section of the console would not have P/W switches in it nor the auto seat belts OPENINGS. Parts I want too. $$$! Don't care what color it is, but I LOVE black.

The auto-seat belts.....REMOVED ALL OF THAT HEAVY-ASSED STUFF and replaced with manual types. No...not 86 types.

You gather-up a few seats of "turbo" belts and take em' to a upolstry shop to have them RE-STICK the HARDWARE to the belts. This will dump maybe 20lbs of useless gadits too. Rear mounted shoulder harness! X-type if you prefer.

Sooooo, your trash becomes MY GOLD. Wink

Btw...I stopped COUNTING the investment when I hit about $12K into my 87 Conquest. Embarassed

Btw2....if you page thru the Starquest FSMs, you'll note Alt brackets & ducts for w/ & w/o A/C.

Maybeeeeeee.....those only went to Canada? (too cold for A/C that cost $700 for that OPTION)

And ahhhh.....psst, I'm blowing the doors off of MPi cars. Cool

Professor Quest
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:51 pm  Reply with quote
Addict

smog wrote:
sounds like a regular early g5x head. The narrow block version. They were not drilled out for a fwd configuration, so there is no raised area in teh rear for a rear cam plug.

As long as the cabr looks decent and isnt missing any parts, I'd be interested. I'm making a last ditch effort today to find a good working one.

That engine should be a narrow block depending on the year. Might wanna takle a tape measure with you though, as it's a bit weird how they transitioned. Some stuff went wide in 83, but my friends 81 truck was a wide when they were still making narrows in the colts.

did it have a spare carb sitting with it or something?

my number is 503 410 0021

I know a guy that rebuilds those carbs practically with his eyes closed. He did one for me...Mikuni? Rolling Eyes Electronic carb, gets 35 mpg. Everybody else said "can't fix those" Total idiots. Laughing parts & labor $280. Watched him replace the Q-jet throttle body bushings as we spoke of the Mikuni. Old fart, damn good!

But a non-electronic Mikuni should a lil' cheaper.....and rubber is rubber and gaskets are gaskets that are going be TRASHED on old carbs of WHATEVER/WHOMEVER it is was made off.

77amc
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:24 am  Reply with quote

Good GOD, This guy is nuts.. You should read what he mailed me..

I think (and now that i see what has been posted) he is dependant on something.

I'm not some punk kid and just a couple of years younger than what you stated you are. (if that is true anyway) And I NEVER stated that i know about the Dodge/Plymouth/Chrysler products. Just that I've not seen lower end econo cars with power windows (unless it was an option)

I have more knowledge in the early Hondas, (70's- early 80s)

If you have sooo many profesionals at your whim, by all means use them.
Go and find the parts you NEED. I was just asking if anyone knows if there was parts/things worth taking before they were crushed.

If your family owned a dealership and you have all the info, go look it all up and find it yourself. You are just a little spoiled brat.

Moderators: watch this one closely.. Maybe it's a clue as to why he keeps getting cut off.
Professor Quest
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:37 am  Reply with quote
Addict

Is this like a dodge? As in DODGING THE FRICKING QUESTION?

As simple as it is......DOES EITHER OF YOUR CHALLANGER CARS HAVE MANUAL WINDOWS or MANUAL STEERING?????!!!!! Rolling Eyes

After all the email you sent....you NEVER answer the PARENT QUESTION!

Yacking about modding a D-50 regulator.....PLEASE!

REWARD! $100 for ONE MANUAL REGULATOR FROM A LATE 70's CHALLANGER or SOPPORO!!! That is 5 FOLD of what you asked....for WHAT?
Something that YOU DO NOT POSSES?

"A spoiled brat" MY FRICKING ASS, PINHEAD!

IF...you find that part, I'll come and PICK IT UP! Know my face.

I am also surrounded by lil' CON-ARTIST! NO PICS......NO DEAL!! You got that?

Go cry to your mama. Rolling Eyes

Anddddddd......I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

77amc
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:19 am  Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes read the title.. "I found them" As in a salvage yard..

I don't take pics of everything just hoping that the pics will be for that someone special.

But i will take some when they crush it if you would like..

BTW, i've had my pic taken in the left seat of lots of aircraft. From a piper cub, to a A330, 727, 737 and on and on.. I see the altimeter shows you on the ground.

Just another wannabe arrogant pilot.
oldcolt75
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:19 am  Reply with quote

you 2 are histerical .. ive read this thread 3 times and just started laughing .. and for the regulater just order the part .. im sure you can still find the part # .. and errol the d 50 and the starquests have the exact same steering box 100% the same .. so ?
________
Toyota Hilux Surf History

Last edited by oldcolt75 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Professor Quest
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:13 pm  Reply with quote
Addict

Over the last couple of years, the 87-89 Starquest parts went obsolete....no can get MOST of them.

I suppose the late 70s parts went obsolete 10+ years ago. But I will go check that out at Dodge.

However, if 77amc found MANUAL WINDOW REGULATORS in a late 70 Challanger, I don't believe that the Mitsu engineers had ANY reason to re-engineer the manual window regulators just because they changed the OUT-SIDE SHEET METAL and called it a Starion.

You guys talk about that butt-ugly lil' EVO..... Rolling Eyes psst...the also came with MANUAL WINDOWS. No radio!

4 door vehicles have SHORTER DOORS = SHORTER REGULATORS.

There was NO Mitsu dealerships until 1982. Those imports were ALL labled under Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge.

dj verified (last night) that cross member under that 4 banger was out of a d-50. COOL! BOLT-IN!

Stands to REASON, cause at least 2 differant engines came in D-50s ANDDDDDDDDD Challangers..... Rolling Eyes (most likely 2.0L) that IS a RE-SALABLE ITEM TOOOOOO.

I just got a feeling.....they made a SHIT-LOAD MORE of Challangers than Starquest. I have walked thru "super-u-pull-it" yards and seen MANY Challangers with the 2.6s...and LOADED with options.

There were NO hydraulic LIFTERS thru-out those years. HINT!

Schnieder will RE-GROUND *YOUR CLEAN* mechanical cam! HINT!

Do not.....CHALLANGE Professor Quest. Rolling Eyes

I restore cars/trucks as a HOBBY. Over the last couple of weeks....I UPGRADED a Chev "Custom Delux" K-10, short bed, 4 spped with SILVARADO TRIM.....window regulators swap (longer crank stub) to use the NICER door panels...and the reinforcements too. Adding in factory A/C with tilt-wheel is underway, and nearly done.

What's next? MANUAL WINDOWS FOR MY CONQUEST.....if I can find the REGULATORS. Laughing

With ALL this typing you have *NOT* said the magic words:
"VERIFIED....HAS MANUAL WINDOWS!"

oldcolt75
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:12 pm  Reply with quote

soooo..... could you find a part # sheet to a 1975 dodge colt
________
Toyota Tercel History

Last edited by oldcolt75 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Professor Quest
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:20 pm  Reply with quote
Addict

A couple of years ago I pulled the steering column and the LEVER-TYPE HVAC control & ass. from a 83 Starion......cause those were LIGHTER PARTS. And did'nt that EXCESS WIRING for Int. wipers etc etc.

All I want is to have a heater & DEFOG...so I elminated the entire A/C.

Btw...how many of you COLT FREAKS have POWER WINDOWS? Rolling Eyes

oldcolt75
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:24 pm  Reply with quote

the colts never came with power any thing ... i mean hell i had a AM radio in the car powering 1 4x6 speaker
________
MOROCCAN COOKING

Professor Quest
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:24 pm  Reply with quote
Addict

oldcolt75 wrote:
soooo..... could you find a part # sheet to a 1975 dodge colt

What chapter? I pulled the rack & pinion steering stuff for 76-77 FWD Colt already.

And the 71-73 RWD Colt steering too.

Those parts catalogs are about 5" THICK and cover just a couple of years.

We had a fire in the bodyshop (buttheads playing with fireworks Rolling Eyes )
and we lost SOME of those paper catalogs. Crying or Very sad Most dealerships threw them away when the phish-type came out. Rolling Eyes

Know this: We used to own Courtesy Dodge. (back in the 70s) We sold the Dodge division to Melloy. Now called Melloy Dodge. I still own the NAME....."Courtesy", a sub-name for my corporation.

The parts counter men I hired about 1977 still work there, and are great friends of mine. NO.... Laughing They will not let those parts catalogs outta their site....sooooo, "Hey buddies, break em' out and go to copying these."

Sales are slow, obviously, Crying or Very sad so they need something to do. Laughing Laughing

Last edited by Professor Quest on Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 pm; edited 3 times in total

oldcolt75
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:32 pm  Reply with quote

rwd man rwd ..... im just hoping that by some chance i can find a set of rocker panels and a dash pad
________
Gn Series

Professor Quest
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:58 pm  Reply with quote
Addict

The clock is-a running and I gotta BOLT. I'm late already.

You want the diagrams & part number listing of the 74-75 "REAR SUSPENSION" chapter?

I noiticed your pic....you're RWD Colt. got it.

I'd be there ALL DAY to copy the entire catalog. Pick a chapter.

oldcolt75
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:44 pm  Reply with quote

body chapter .. and id like to get a bracket that the caliper mounts to on a flatty starion .. the one that also mounts to the strut
________
MOTORCYCLE TIRES

Professor Quest
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:49 pm  Reply with quote
Addict

I've got those brackets from an 85 Starion. Wink Do you own a Starion...or is this part for your Colt? (could be the same part) We gutted a 85 starion for the drivetrain & suspension and some interior parts too.

I'm looking thru a 71-77 Colt RWD Haynes manual. It shows how to remove the manual window regulator. I gather you own one. (the car)

Could you measure the LENGHT (on the outside) of one of you doors?

Because, as you stated, most of those had manual windows, it just MIGHT work to convert a Conquest to manual windows. Shocked

And, you want the BODY SECTION parts catalog duplicated....and your interested with the ROCKER area? As in damaged or rusted?

I have a battery-operated Dewalt sawsall....and I cut the radiator support (frame and all) from a Conquest last week for a freind that biffed his car.

After removing all the crap from that area, took about 3 minutes before it hit the ground. Laughing

In the past years, I've done the same with the rockers from side impacts.

Here's a phone number for "super-u-pull-it". (505) 248 9899. They can tell you what they have (year & body type) and most of those would be DESERT CARS. No, they can't tell you whats left or the condition of the car....but I can when I go there. But YOU can monitor the inventory...that changes every month. That's about 10 acres of cars there. Rolling Eyes But, they print a list of what ROW it is parked in. Wink

Works like this: If they are monitor many hits on their computers....they keep the car longer than 30 days before it's crushed. I don't think the Colt would fall into that catagory, Starquest do. Sooooo, I tricked them into keeping those cars around a lil' longer by calling in pretty often. Laughing Laughing

Btw...I owned a HIGH VALUE body shop called "Corvette City" for many years too. We're no stranger as HOW to restore frames & bodys.

oldcolt75
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:10 am  Reply with quote

well ill measure the door but the 71-73 is differnt than mine as well as the 77-79
________
WX5

Professor Quest
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:08 pm  Reply with quote
Addict

Just let me know what year & model with the measurement, please.

I know a starquest is ABOUT 46" lenght. (I don't have one infront of me at this moment) Embarassed

Probably....measure the lenght at the OPENING were the window comes out of the door.

and, thank you! Wink

Btw, is there a particular area of your Colt that you pics & p/n of?
what year is again, too? Embarassed

oldcolt75
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:09 pm  Reply with quote

my name .. oldcolt75 ... its a 75 colt illgo out to my shop today and take a bunc of mesurments
________
Jailbroken

Professor Quest
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:11 pm  Reply with quote
Addict

duhhh Laughing Then again, you guys own plenty of cars. But I'll take a few notes.

Just so you know, a differant part number don't mean it won't work. The differance could be as simple as another HOLE in the part.

Boneyards have a lil' differant way to understand the interchange of parts.

And the Dodge dealerships parts catalog went into a lil' more detail about 1978. Breaks-down the trim package, engine size...stuff like that.

The 71-73 Colt stuff I pulled was a lil' sorry compared to the 78-79 Challanger.

75 Colt...body sheet metal. got it. I hope the paper catalogs survived the
FIRE DEPARTMENT. Rolling Eyes This was a 2 story building. The fire was in the bodyshop...just ABOVE the parts department. It's a wonder that ALL those catalogs didn't get WASHED AWAY. We'll see soon.

Question: Are most of the 78-79 Colts gonna have manual windows?

oldcolt75
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:21 am  Reply with quote

78-79 rwd? or fwd? ALL the rwd colts came with manual windows no power anything at all ... the 77- 79 rwd colts were lancers alot diffent than the 71-76 galant colts
________
NORTH AMERICAN RACING TEAM

Professor Quest
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:31 pm  Reply with quote
Addict

Well, the weather has been beautiful (60*F-wind calm) which is good news to HUMP several acres of cars. Imports are in a differant section vs. Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouths.

That will be several MILES of HUMPING with a tape measure & a note pad & NO TOOLS... Rolling Eyes cause this place is built on a HILLSIDE. Crying or Very sad

Up & down....up & down.....up & down the hillside. Mad Then go get the tools once I find a "donor".

Super-u-pull-it is 15 miles south, and Dodge is 20 miles north.

This could take several DAYS and several full-tanks of fuel before I find what I want.

Thanks for the TIP, oldcolt75! The ski season has began and my legs need the work-out. Wink Idea Arrow

oldcolt75
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:20 pm  Reply with quote

so your in new mexico huh... must be a great place to live
________
Entourage Advice

Professor Quest
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:32 pm  Reply with quote
Addict

We've had many locations thru-out the midwest over the last 20 years.

My sister (my comptroller) headquarters outta Aspen Colorado, but I prefer to hang-my-hat at Aluquerque New Mexico.

I'm into high performance boating...and we have several beatuiful lakes.

So we have mountains to ski in the winter, then ski the lakes in the summer. Elephant Butt Lake....but Havasu and Powell is within range too.

Living around ANY desert opens the door to more fun. Wink

However, my new oders have changer from "temporary" to "permanent" outta Denver Colorado.

I'm like.....Oh Shitttttt! I don't want to go to Denver! Rolling Eyes

My last gig was 4 years & 10 months outta Las Vegas, Nevada. I was SOOOO glad when that project was done.

Lake Mead was OK.....but too damn hot.

Jed118
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:04 pm  Reply with quote
Addict

Professor Quest wrote:

dj verified (last night) that cross member under that 4 banger was out of a d-50. COOL! BOLT-IN!

Schnieder will RE-GROUND *YOUR CLEAN* mechanical cam! HINT!
magic words:

Pony uses the same steering box. Maybe window winders as well, as long as mitsu have "backwards" wind units Wink

Another place to find G54B is Dodge Aries / K car. Lots of use in those cars. Almost bought one myself, but decided to use the stock 1.6L 4G32 in the Pony instead... at the cost of 1,000 CC!
smog
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:58 pm  Reply with quote
Sir Post A Lot

oldcolt75 wrote:
78-79 rwd? or fwd? ALL the rwd colts came with manual windows no power anything at all ... the 77- 79 rwd colts were lancers alot diffent than the 71-76 galant colts

There were also 4 door galants in 77-79 I beleive they were called the colt hard top. Chrisjamerson or whatever his username is on jnc had or might still have one.

78 lancer coupe g54bT
80s hero
Professor Quest
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:24 pm  Reply with quote
Addict

Let me put this a lil' differant:

The LENGHT....of a 2 DOOR WINDOW (or the opening of the slot where the window comes out/in from) is what would DICTATE the window "regulator" to use in a Starquest.

Years ago...I was reading how some guys would install plexiglass to lighten the starquest. Cool, fine, whatever. I'll keep the glass...cause plexiglass is a royal PITA to keep it clean, bend it, blah blah blah.

However, I'll look at ANY 2 door Mitsu vehicle (cars only) about those year models. So THANK-YOU for that info. Wink

Hell, for all I know...I could order those parts BRAND NEW from Mitsu, once I figure out what works. Laughing

Btw...I KNOW, damn well the D-50s steering boxes work! WHY? Rolling Eyes
That was ANOTHER stupid agrument that I got into with SOMEBODY THAT DON'T KNOW SHIT FROM SHINE-O-LA....like 3 or 4 years ago.

And that OL' FART Rolling Eyes is STILL choking on the BRUTAL TRUTH of the matter.

"Wrong ratio" he says.....NOW. What HE don't know is: I SELL THOSE KITS AND CAN CHANGE THE RATIO IF DESIRED! And I've got PLENTY of manual steering conversions IN STOCK!

Go ahead...study those diagrams! WHICH PART DICTATES THE STEERING RATIO? Rolling Eyes

9 out of 10 are gonna pic the WRONG PART. Rolling Eyes

I've got to drive out to Dodge anyway just to get the Challanger part numbers....to pass them along to the local Mitsu dealer...to see if those window regulators are obsolete.

Seems to me.... Rolling Eyes they DO NOT THROW-AWAY OLD INVENTORY. Wink

Claine
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:26 am  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

Professor Quest wrote:
Let me put this a lil' differant:

The LENGHT....of a 2 DOOR WINDOW (or the opening of the slot where the window comes out/in from) is what would DICTATE the window "regulator" to use in a Starquest.

Years ago...I was reading how some guys would install plexiglass to lighten the starquest. Cool, fine, whatever. I'll keep the car navigation system glass...cause plexiglass is a royal PITA to keep it clean, bend it, blah blah blah.

However, I'll look at ANY 2 door Mitsu vehicle (cars only) about those year models. So THANK-YOU for that info. Wink

Hell, for all I know...I could order those parts BRAND NEW from Mitsu, once I figure out what works. Laughing

Btw...I KNOW, damn well the D-50s steering boxes work! WHY? Rolling Eyes
That was ANOTHER stupid agrument that I got into with SOMEBODY THAT DON'T KNOW SHIT FROM SHINE-O-LA....like 3 or 4 years ago.

And that OL' FART Rolling Eyes is STILL choking on the BRUTAL TRUTH of the matter.

"Wrong ratio" he says.....NOW. What HE don't know is: I SELL THOSE KITS AND CAN CHANGE THE RATIO IF DESIRED! And I've got PLENTY of manual steering conversions IN STOCK!

Go ahead...study those diagrams! WHICH PART DICTATES THE STEERING RATIO? Rolling Eyes

9 out of 10 are gonna pic the WRONG PART. Rolling Eyes

I've got to drive out to Dodge anyway just to get the Challanger part numbers....to pass them along to the local Mitsu dealer...to see if those window regulators are obsolete.

Seems to me.... Rolling Eyes they DO NOT THROW-AWAY OLD INVENTORY. Wink

I know thread is bit old but can you provide good old condition speakers?
Professor Quest
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:23 pm  Reply with quote
Addict

You don't WANT used speakers. Laughing

The PAPER, dehydrates, and a lil' more volume, they crack-apart.

I buy stereo parts WHOLESALE from M&M, cause I'm also a DEALER. Wink

I don't know what vehicle you want speakers for.... Embarassed

In my 87 Conquest, I just replaced the 1/4 panel speakers...with a lil'
plastic trimming, they are BOLT-INS. Cool 5.5"

Why? Cause I just modified my strut openings to make the adjustable, camber.
As long as it's apart...replace the speakers. See the SOS how it's done. Wink

I throw-away 23 year-old speakers, wether they are "fine" or not. Laughing

Btw, manual windows from a Challanger, weighed the same as electric,
Starquest parts. That "mod" failed being lighter. Rolling Eyes

IF...you got lucky, and found MANUAL STEERING (in a Challanger) grab the
box, and column/coupler! The same "coupler" was also the same p/n as a
Starquest used, in OTHER COUNTRIES!

People that state otherwise, don't know what they are talking about!

Mostly, lil' boys... Laughing that have skinny arms!

Ya know, Rolling Eyes some women are stronger than some "men"! Laughing

Sometimes, I break-off the magnets, from the speakers, just to have them. Twisted Evil

Front bucket seats....BOLT-INS and MUCH LIGHTER! Don't care if it needs
new fabric!

2.6L Challangers/etc. did NOT have PCVs!

The cresent-shaped opening in a early, 2.6L was LARGER to accept the
turbine-wheel that generated a DRAFT...dumped into the air cleaner box.

This is how I VENT, my 2.6L turbo engine.

I have installed a exhaust, one-way-valve, a couple feet down the exhaust pipe.
That creats a VACUUM in the crankcase. (didn't take a pic of that, yet)

No oil is coming-out of the Aluminum bend..., but I'll hook-it-up, to my exhaust, anyway. Cool

PCVs were required by the US GOVERMENT! Mad YOU DO NOT NEED ONE! Twisted Evil

Professor Quest
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:35 pm  Reply with quote
Addict

It would be a mechanical cam & rocker arms. Those
parts (some of them) are now obsolete.

What is typical: when a part goes obsolete, it brings 4 times the retail price! :roll