Project Zero G Forums Forum Index
<  General  ~  Questions about possible platform and other stuff!
1SloEvo
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:49 pm  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

So, right now I'm having to part out my 91 DSM to help some family with some financial issues. However, I pulled the engine harness from the car, and I'm hoping I can keep the built 2.0 4g63 motor that was in the car.

The first quick question has probably been answered 100 times, but I'm asking anyone so I have all this in my thread later on when I am able to pick up another project car. What part of the engine harness do I need from the donor car? I know it's the engine part going from the ECU to all the engine sensors, etc, but do you just disconnect from the plugs at the engine bay fuse box? I kept the fuse box as well. The wires that connected to the oil pressure/temp sensors and the wires that go to the alternator I cut off and kept instead of taking the entire wire loom that has your headlights, horn, and everything else on it. If I need that, I still have the donor car and can take that out, just don't want to keep anymore than I have to.

The next question is just an opinion question. I have a couple thoughts in mind for the motor swap and just want to get the opinion of others. Here are the options I've currently thought about (still open to other options as well):

Foxbody Mustang
older 240sx
Starion/Conquest
Mighty Max
S10 or Ranger
E30 BMW
Civic Hatch

When I build the ride, it will probably be a partial street cruiser / drag race build. As you can see, all but one of my options are RWD factory cars. If I go with a RWD car, I'd like to put a T56 trans on it. If it goes in the Civic (or something similar) I'll just put a FWD DSM transmission in it. Just wanted to get some opinions and/or suggestions.

Thanks.
cruuz
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:41 am  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

Seeing that you're in NorCal, how do u plan to register this bastard? Just curious.....

Anywho, I'm biased towards the early-gen s10's. I have one right now that has 175k miles on the odo with a tired factory motor, it's next in line after I finish converting my eclipse. Parts are so cheap and easy to find for these things
1SloEvo
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:07 am  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

I'm active duty military and my state of residence is Georgia, so that's where it will be registered Smile ! No issues on the registration side of things.

I've contemplated doing a Ranger or S10 as well. I'll do a little more research on them and see what I come up with!