Project Zero G Forums Forum Index
<  General  ~  New guy here from Fort Worth, TX
kapok6
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:29 am  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

Hello everyone. My name is Ryan and my wife Amanda and I just moved to Texas from Columbus, OH. I currently have a Silver/Grey 1991 TSi AWD, pics below. Also below are pics of my old 1990 TSi AWD that was totaled back in Sept when a lady ran a red light at 55mph and t-boned me. The 1991 I own now has KYB GR-2's with suspension technique springs, meghan racing strut bars, apex n1 turbo back exhaust, bottom end newly rebuilt with ross 8.3:1 ceramic coated pistons, eagle rods, acl bearings, ARP main studs, ARP head studs, with a 2G 7 bolt head rocking HKS 272 cams, evo springs and retainers, SS valves (1mm oversized exhaust) evo 3 intake manifold fed by an FP3065. Thats just to name a few of the mods. I had 3 weeks to take it from pretty much a shell to putting it back together and get it running well enough to driver onto the trailer for the move to TX so I still have some little things I need to work out and then tuning begins. Goal is 425is awhp on 93oct.

Anyway, I am considering buying this 1986 conquest a few hours from me. I went to look at it yesterday and it needs cleaned up but overall rather impressive to me for being as old as it is. No compression in cylinder 3 so instead of rebuilding the motor, I will most likely do a 4g63T swap since I have about 6 years of experience with the 4g63 platform. I have been doing a lot of reading over the last few days on these cars and it seems people have put about every motor imagineable in these things but the 4g63 seems to be the most popular.

If I do buy this car, I will have tons of questions about how to swap properly. I will do my best to search for the answre before starting a new thread but please forgive me if I miss something as I will be a noob to these things.

Anwyay,

Thanks for having me. Pics below of old talon and the new one.

New DSM

96' GSX
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:44 am  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

Oh Great....nice to have someone in the DSM world and not the only one here too...from ft.worth area as well....nice 1g! .....have fun.... Very Happy
JDOliver
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:27 pm  Reply with quote
Addict

Welcome. Good luck on the purchase. Just a small hint about the questions, if you ask one and no one answers don't get irritated. It is either been answered a million times, is plain as day, or everyone's busy working on things in the garage.
DJpowerHaus
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:17 am  Reply with quote
Sir Post A Lot

And remember: If I've been drinking, I'll probably tell you the wrong answer... but how will you know?????

Getting the engine bolted in is about 10% of the way there.
The next 80% can go quickly with help and skill.
That last 10% takes about as long as the 90% that came before it.
knuckshaft
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:50 pm  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

Welcome! Your not to far away from me. I live near San Antonio Texas. There are a few 4g63 guys around. I have a 92 mighty max w/ a 4g63t.
KHRacing
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:24 pm  Reply with quote
Addict

DJpowerHaus wrote:
And remember: If I've been drinking, I'll probably tell you the wrong answer... but how will you know?????

HAHAHAHA Smile
cruuz
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:07 am  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

Hiya Very Happy nice 1g's, sorry to hear about the fate of the black one. Maybe you should just convert your silver car Razz